Looking long and lean is high on almost everyone’s to-do list for the summer, and one of the trendiest ways to achieve that profile is the must-have Palazzo pant – a style of loose pants that flare evenly from the waist to the ankle.
They come in flowing, lightweight fabrics that are perfect for hot summer days; and if you style them right, you’ll look and feel like a trendsetter, while secretly feeling cool and comfortable.
But even a look this chic and surprisingly-comfortable can go wayward without the right balance of fabrics and silhouettes.
Here are a few tips for composing the right look:
- Pairing them with fitted tanks, crop tops, or sheer flowy blouses will draw the sharp contrast you want between your smaller waist and the wide leg of the pant. Yes, please!
- Avoid oversized, slouchy or shape-less tops to keep the look elevated; the wrong top can take Palazzo pants from “posh” to “pajama”… and fast.
- Adding a jacket or blazer is a nice touch to polish off the look almost instantly.
- Fellow shorties – break out your favorite wide heels or wedges to achieve the elongated look we crave. But be wary of stiletto-style heels – they could get caught in the extra fabric and cause a tumble.
- Bright, bold, and even festive patterns – that’s all part of the Palazzo pant charm. If you fall in love with one of the bolder prints – go for it! But try to select a more reserved top, like a solid tank or chambray shirt, to ground the look and add sophistication.