For those of us who use “summer” as a verb, there’s nothing better than looking the part. While we’ve all been tempted to just pull out last year’s cut-offs and worn-in camis from the deepest depths of our closets, we’ve got 12 reasons you should update your wardrobe so you can summer in style.
1. Massini Matching Floral Separates: Worn together this outfit reads like a sundress, but worn apart these signature stunners are the perfect pairing for a black mini skirt or blue tee.
2. Lace Bralette: For those mega-hot days (they’re coming!), adding a lace bralette under skimpy strappy tanks will keep you cool and modest.
3. Gold Rimmed Aviators: This throwback style gets a 2015 update with gold rims designed to twinkle in the summer sun.
4. Rampage Gladiator Sandals: Ditch the flip flops for your trip to the beach and zip up a pair of gladiator sandals. It’s a subtle way to up your swimwear swag.
5. Distressed Denim Shorts: More sophisticated than the festival shortie (except we totally love those too, tbh) the clean folded hem on this denim short is a modern take on everyone’s fave summer bottom.
6. Falls Creek Blouson Maxi Dress: We’re crushing on this season’s new LBD – long black dress – as the answer to, “what do I wear?” Thanks to its maximum coverage, a black maxi can be worn to a wedding with caged heels and statement earrings as easily as it can be packed for a weekend at the cabin (bonus: extra mosquito protection).
7. Hot Water Bandeau Flounce Swimsuit: Our favorite strapless sporty suit gets girly with loose ruffles designed to move in the breeze. Coordinate with a floral print, or mix and match a patterned top with solid bottom for a totally new look.
8. Straw Fedora: Don’t let a weekend at the lake get the best of your hair. A straw fedora is a stylish way to protect your color, not to mention up your style cred when worn as the sole accessory to your bikini.
9. Fashion Scarves: Not just for winter! A lightweight scarf injects some color into your day. We love summer brights like lemon or aqua to make an otherwise casual outfit pop.
10. Statement Earring: Upgrade your go-to studs with a bold statement earring. While these are big enough to capture attention even when your hair is down, pull it back in a pony to really let these beauties shine.
11. Keds Triumph: White Keds go with every outfit under the sun. Casual cut-offs, a floral sundress, a cotton tee with leggings – this is the ultimate wear everywhere (and with everything!) summer shoe.
12. Union Bay Metallic Cork Sandals: Stand out at your next backyard BBQ with a metallic cork sandal. Uber comfortable but with a dash of sparkle, these are a must for any summer outing.