This spring, we’re partnering with our favorite style bloggers to show us how they wear this season’s hottest trends. From makeup tutorials to style tips, we’re excited to see how these fashionistas take runway trends and make them all their own.
This week, we’re welcoming LJ from A Journey East to share her go-to makeup routine for the season—and the perfect products for a quick and natural look.
‘No Makeup Makeup’ is one of my favorite beauty trends to fall back on during the warm spring and summer months. It’s fuss-free yet flattering, and the best part is that all of these products can be picked up at Meijer!
I like to start with smooth, clean skin. The Garnier Clean Gentle Clarifying Cleansing Gel is perfect for sensitive skin and quickly removes any leftover makeup or dirt from the day before.
- To start, I prime my eyes with the Maybelline Master Prime and gently pat it onto my eyelids with my ring finger. Primer helps your shadow stay on and also helps the colors appear more vibrant.
- Next, taking the e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush, I gently pat the lightest beige colored shadow from the Maybelle The NUDES Palette all over my lid.
- Using a warmer taupe color and the e.l.f. Blending Eye Brush, I define my crease a bit with the warmer tone. I use windshield wiper motions for this step, adding a bit more color to my brush until the desired shade is achieved.
- Finally, taking the same brush and the darkest matte brown shade in the palette, I create soft little V’s on the edge of my lids. This helps make the eye shadow look a bit more intense. Since this is a ‘No Makeup Makeup’ look, I’m using very light hands to create the most natural look that I can.
- On to mascara! I have two that I love lately: The Wet n Wild Max Volume PLUS and the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama. I use the Maybelline mascara first since it has a wetter consistency, and then I follow up with the Wet n Wild product.
- For foundation, I really like using BB Creams. They contain light coverage, SPF, moisturizer and primer all in one! The Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Medium is a longtime favorite of mine. I dab this in 56 areas of my face with my finger.
- The e.l.f. Blending Brush is super soft and works great for applying any liquid foundation.
- The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Honey is the best for concealing dark circles. I like to create upside down triangles right under my bottom lid and then blend out with a soft brush.
- For any blemishes like acne or dark spots, I use the wet n wild CoverAll Liquid Concealer Wand.
- My eyebrows are already pretty full, but using the NYC Lovatics by Demi Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown helps define and shape them up just a bit. I really like the little brush on the end of the pencil, as it helps smooth my brows after filling them in.
- I create subtle “C” shapes from my jaw to my temples with the e.l.f. Bronzer Palette and wet n wild Contouring Brush. Then, using the wet n wild Foundation brush and just a dab of bronzer, I draw two straight lines down the bridge of my nose for a natural slimming effect.
- Using the same brush, I take Milani’s Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose and add a conservative amount to my cheekbones.
- I like to wait until after my face makeup is done to apply mascara to my bottom lashes to avoid smudging. This time I’ll be using the wet n wild Max Volume PLUS.
- For my lips, I have been loving the wet n wild Velvet Matte Lip Color in Bare it All. Then I apply the NYX Liquid Shine Cream Lipstick in Sandstorm on top, creating a matte effect. I then gently blot my lips with tissue to make the lip color look as natural as possible. This combination is what I like to call “My Lips But Better.”
This look is perfect for those on a time crunch, as it typically only takes me a few minutes to apply. I love how natural this looks, while still adding a bit of glam to my day.