Your wardrobe shouldn’t be the only thing changing with the seasons. Fall is the perfect time to transition your beauty routine with new products and even fresher looks. While the “no makeup” makeup trend never goes out of style, it’s time to experiment with looks that are a little bolder. If you’re as ready as we are to spice up your beauty regimen, here are three essential fall makeup trends we can’t wait to try.
Look One: The Blackout
A sultry evening look that pairs perfectly with neutral shadows. Modeled by Candace of Live, Love and Read.
Great for a day with your girls or a night on the town, this smoldering look is both simple and stylish.
1. To begin creating this look, prep your face with your favorite liquid foundation and eye shadow.
2. Using short, hair-like strokes, line the inner half of your upper eyelid before creating a small wing on the outer corner. Then, connect the lines in the middle to form one long stroke.
3. Line underneath your eye as usual, and use a cotton swab to carefully smudge your liner (creating a soft, smoky appearance).
4. Apply black, volumizing mascara to your lashes (we recommend Covergirl LashBlast Fusion), wiggling the brush back and forth to avoid clumps.
5. Finish the look with a bold lip in your favorite shade.
Look Two: Mod-Goth
A bold look that pairs a dark lip with an edgy cat eye. Modeled by Alexis of That Chic Lex.
Looking for a fresh spin on the traditional bold eye and lip? This dark duo is the edgy update you need.
1. Begin by applying your foundation as usual.
2. Spread shimmery neutral shadow onto both eyelids, using a slightly darker shade on the outer edges. Don’t forget to blend!
3. Complete your smoky eye using the blackout eyeliner tutorial above.
4. Next, line and fill in your lips using black or brown lip liner, depending on your skin tone. We recommend 230 Covergirl Lip Perfection “Radiant” for your go-to shade.
5. Complete the mod-goth look with a dark red-brown or red-black shade lipstick (we love Covergirl 315 Euphoria). Apply over the liner using a small makeup brush – instead of directly from the tube – to avoid smearing the liner and lipstick together.
Look Three: Glitter Bomb
For a fun daytime style, look no further than a sun-catching shimmery shadow. Modeled by Andrea of Blonde Bedhead.
If sparkle is more your style, this playful eye with an ombre of color is the perfect look for you.
1. Prep your canvas with your usual foundation. Choose an eyeshadow kit with hints of glitter, like Covergirl’s Eye Enhancers in multiple shades.
2. As a base, brush the lightest, neutral shade across your lid, stopping just above the crease.
3. Select a slightly darker shadow to apply into your crease. Blend the colors well with the tip of your makeup brush.
4. Use the darkest shade on the palette as a soft liner for your upper lid – charcoal black is best if you have it!
5. Finish the look with a natural, rose lip to truly show off your sparkling eyes.
Now that your makeup is totally good to go, get fall beauty inspiration for your lovely locks!