As summer was coming to a close this year, we teamed up with Pantene to get all of the deets on this fall’s hottest hair trends. We saw beachy low buns, an upgraded ponytail and trendy new ways to wear traditional braids, but we just can’t get enough of this fresh take on introverted fishtail. Check out this in-depth tutorial (modeled by the lovely Nina from The HSS Feed) and we know you’ll love it as much as we do!
1. Begin by parting your hair to one side. Then, grab a 2” section of strands at your hairline and separate into two pieces.
2. Take a small, half-inch piece from the right section of hair, pulling underneath and over the left section. Repeat on the opposite side.
3. Continue twisting down toward the nape of your neck, keeping the braid close to your hairline.
4. As the braid moves down past your ear, pull hair into it from the opposite side of your head to ensure that all of your strands are included in the style.
5. Once your locks have all been pulled into the braid, continue your fishtail until you’re 3” away from the end of your strands.
6. Secure with a clear plastic ponytail, then loosen the braid by tugging at the sides (starting from the bottom and working your way up).
7. Mist with hairspray to hold in place.
Now that you’re full of fall hair inspiration, check out these three essential fall makeup trends to try.