Last month, we teamed up with CoverGirl to show you the must-have makeup trends that you need to try this fall. One of our personal favorites was a bold lip and eye duo, so we’re diving deeper with a full beauty tutorial on the trend. Modeled by Alexis of That Chic Lex, here’s exactly how to replicate the edgy mod-goth look.
1. Begin by applying your foundation as usual.
2. Spread shimmery neutral shadow onto both eyelids, using a slightly darker shade on the outer edges. Don’t forget to blend!
3. With your favorite black or dark brown eyeliner, line the inner half of your upper eyelid using short, hair-like strokes. Then, create a small wing on the outer corner. Finally, connect the lines in the middle to form one long stroke.
4. Line underneath your eye as usual; then use a cotton swab to carefully smudge your liner (creating a soft, smoky appearance).
5. Apply black, volumizing mascara like CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion, wiggling the brush back and forth to avoid creating clumps.
6. Next, line and fill in your lips using black or brown lip liner. Make sure it coordinates with your skin tone! Our go-to shade is 230 CoverGirl Lip Perfection “Radiant.”
7. Complete this modern look with a dark red lipstick that features hints of brown or black (we recommend CoverGirl 315 Euphoria). Rather than applying it directly from the tube, apply with a small makeup brush to avoid smearing the lipstick and liner together.
8. Dust a bit of powder across your face for long-lasting hold.
Perfection! Now it’s time to flaunt your new favorite fall makeup look everywhere this season, from apple orchards to Instagram-worthy picnics.
Looking for hair inspiration to go along with your makeup? Here are 6 trendy ‘dos that are perfect for fall.