Between family get-togethers, shopping for gifts and maintaining your daily routine, we all know that the holiday season isn’t completely stress-free. While it’s always important to make time for yourself to relax and unwind, it’s especially crucial to do so during this busy time of year. So if you’re in need of a little TLC, here are a few easy (and affordable!) ways to de-stress this season.
1. Swap your usual body wash + lotion combo for a nature-inspired scent, like Bodycology’s cherry blossom or Calgon’s Hawaiian ginger. The aromas are understated, yet crisp and fresh, so you’ll feel totally reinvigorated when you step out of the shower.
2. Take a long, warm bath before you hit the hay, adding lavender-scented Epsom salt for an extra-soothing effect. Use a body scrub to exfoliate your skin while you soak, then apply Dr. Teal’s lavender body lotion after you towel off to keep your skin hydrated. If your skin is scorched from the brisk winter air, apply body oil instead of lotion – it’s a more concentrated form of hydration to soothe extra dry skin.
3. Give yourself a DIY facial. Prep your skin with your usual cleanser before applying a brightening clay mask. Try the Pure-Clay Detox & Brighten Treatment Mask from L’Oréal to revive dull skin, or opt for an exfoliating charcoal mask to remove dead skin cells. Let the mask sit for 10-15 minutes, and then remove it with warm water using circular motions. Finish with a fragrance-free face moisturizer, and you’ll look like you have your holiday list handled.
4. If your hair appears dry and brittle from the cold, use a mask like Garnier Whole Blends to revitalize your strands. After washing your hair with your go-to shampoo, apply a generous amount of the treatment to your locks. Make sure you cover your hair from root to end, then let the mask work its magic by leaving it on for three minutes. The rich repairing treatment strengthens hair and helps prevent split ends and breakage, making it even easier to style for those upcoming holiday parties.
5. Finally, light a few candles, get lost in your favorite book and treat yourself to some dark chocolate and a warm cup of herbal tea. The hot drink will be a welcome break from the brisk, chilly air, and the candle’s sounds and aromas will soothe your stress away.
With these simple tips, it’s never been easier to stay relaxed throughout the holiday season!