While lawns may still be dotted with snow, there’s no better way to usher in a new season than by donning a print that’s as excited as you are for the warmer days ahead. We’re talking about florals (of course), as spring’s prettiest print that’s sure to add some femininity to your wardrobe.
Whether you’re a romantic at heart or a sophisticated fashionista, there’s a way to add just the right amount of flower power to get you through these last few weeks of winter.
For that first 50-degree day of the year, jump right in with full-on floral. Moody blue flowers on a flattering knee-length skater dress is the perfect outfit for an afternoon at the park that turns into date night with the hubs. Just add some neutral wedges, and don’t forget a denim jacket for those times when the spring weather acts, well, like itself.
If you want to experiment before committing, accessories are the answer. Grab a pastel floral print Nicole Miller New York handbag to go with your go-to chambray shirt dress, and your look will say “Spring!” well before the weather does. Find a bag with neutral accents like a fashion-forward tassel or extra zippers for an added layer of intrigue.
While mittens may be just for winter, we assure you, scarves are not. This lightweight accessory is the easiest way to add delicate florals to any outfit. Find one with inky cool tones to add just the right amount of color to a casual outfit. A classic white tee and denim skinnies let the florals do all the talking, especially when worn with perfectly-messy second day hair.
Whether it’s the star of your outfit or the perfect accessory, there’s a reason everyone loves wearing florals. This girlish print makes absolutely any outfit spring-ready – and it just might convince the weather to catch up to your savvy style.
As you champion through your New Year’s fitness resolutions, vowing to hit the gym more often or increase your protein intake, don’t forget to add “drink more water” to your list. One of the best ways to increase your overall health and fitness, this habit is one of the easiest to pick up—especially if that means toting around a cute new water bottle.
Whether you’re a power lifter or barre ballerina, there’s a water bottle designed to get you the hydration you need so you can get back to your workout and on your way to a healthier you.
- Sustainability-conscious yogis should reach for the AVEX Clarity glass water bottle. It’s sleek and stylish with a protective silicone sleeve, perfect for those looking for an earth-loving plastic-free option.
- On-the-go generalists will love the CamelBack eddy. It’s the perfect take anywhere water bottle that’s durable and spill-proof, great for those afternoon walks with the pooch.
- Outdoor explorers already know how important it is to stay hydrated, and the Powerade squeeze water bottle makes it easier than ever to bring some H2O along. The rugged design and padded grip make it a non-slip option for more intense workouts such as biking or hiking.
- Power players hoping to speed up their recovery time with shakes and smoothies should go for the Contigo Shake & Go Fit bottle. A weighted shaker ball ensures all the benefits of a mix-in protein powder are added to your water – not clumped on the bottom of your bottle.
- Cardio queens will hustle toward the the Polar insulated water bottle. The built-in insulation will keep your water cold, meaning after your body temp spikes during a spin class or long run, your body will cool down that much faster.
Meijer Style Top Pick: For you fit fashionistas who want a water bottle that’s as stylish as it is functional, look no further than the AVEX Kangaroo AUTOSEAL water bottle. Not only is it in craveworthy colors, the built-in compartment is a safe spot for your keys, gym pass and extra cash. Talk about a win-win.
Once you’ve mastered your New Year’s resolution to hydrate more—don’t stop there! Check out our gear guides to help you pick up strength training, running or yoga and make 2016 your year to shine.