Just like we need our snow-shoveling boots, our knee-high rider boots and our favorite ankle booties every winter, spring has its own set of can’t-live-without footwear. And while we’d like to live in a world where it’s all about dashing around town in flip flops, we know there are much more stylish (not to mention comfortable) options than our standby plastic thongs.
This season, we’re rounding up our three spring shoe styles that we can’t live without. Once you see our lineup, it’s easy to see why these are on our can’t-miss list this year.
1. The Canvas Boat Shoe
You don’t have to be on a boat to appreciate the nautical inspiration in this season’s go-to flat. Find a bright color, peppy print or cord detail for an on-trend style that’s all your own.
- Floral: Floral is the absolute must-have print this season. Whether it’s a large petal shape or an assortment of bright colors, we love anything that mimics our favorite arboretum.
- Metallic: Though black, brown and cream will forever be in our hearts, we love how metallic is taking over as the go-to neutral for any outfit. Slip on a pair of silver or gold kicks for an extra touch of fancy, elevating your casual tees and boyfriend jeans to trendsetter status.
- Patterned: Patterns are an easy way to add a little zest to an otherwise plain outfit. Don’t be afraid to mix patterns! Stripes and hearts are a surprising duo that’s sure to add an extra dose of fun to your day.
- Statement: With a diverse pastel spring palette, we can’t help but add them to all our beloved accessories. Pick your favorite hue – like a bright robin egg blue – to add a pop of color your spring ensemble.
2. The Wear-Every-Day Neutral Heel
Make sure you find one with a chunky low heel for a shoe you actually can (and will, trust us) wear every day.
- Woven Wedge: Looking for the perfect wedge to get a start on beach season? This woven straw beauty is accented with a gold band and leather slingback strap, giving it a modern, seaside vibe.
- Faux Leather Sandal: There are few materials more timeless than leather. A pair of faux leather wedges studded at the base looks as good with a sundress as it does with rolled ankle jeans.
- Laser Cutout Slingback: When it comes to textured patterns, we can’t get enough of cutout details in our spring closet. This peep-toe style lets you show off your pedi, while the slingback ankle is perfect for slipping on and off.
- Chop Out Booties: This trendy update to your go-to ankle bootie is anything but basic. Tie details mimic last season’s crave-worthy fringe while the open toe means this is chunky heel is definitely ready for sunshine.
3. The Go-To Gladiator
Beaded or metallic, bright or subtle, these barely-there sandals are the easiest way to get in the mood for sunshine.
- Statement Shiny: Gladiator sandals with their signature structure are more fun in a shiny metallic shade. We love floral patterns in girly shades that make these sandals fierce and feminine.
- Multicolor Beads: Elevate your style without heels by donning a pair of multicolored beaded sandals. By finding a pair in blue and pink or orange and purple, your look gets an instant one-two punch of color.
With a pair of boat shoes, neutral heels and flashy sandals, your closet will be as ready for warm weather as you are. Now, the only hard part left is picking out which style you want to wear first…